Monday, September 20, 2010

The Imagine is Here!


My Imagine finally arrived at 7 PM this evening! It was really easy to set up. In one hour I got it calibrated, made a few test cuts from the Nursery Tails cartridge, and turned them into this little card. I don't have my white paper yet (my Bazzill paper from HSN is supposed to arrive tomorrow), so I used the back of a DCWV patterned cardstock that I didn't like to do the print test. It only used part of the paper, so I used it again to print and cut the snail. I chose the layer option and used pop dots to pop up his shell. For the green patterned paper, I used a 4" x 4" scrap of textured white Provocraft cardstock (a scrap from my 12"x 24" pack). I just put it on the top left corner of the mat, where I could see from the screen it would cut. I didn't change the paper size on the screen, but it worked fine. I'm guessing that would only be important if you were using "Fit to Page" or "Autofill". Anyway, all in all, it was very easy to use, and I'm looking forward to having some more time to play tomorrow evening. Now I have to clean up this packaging mess, since my housecleaners are coming tomorrow!

Recipe:

6" x 3" PTI Melon Berry cardstock, scored at 3"
2.8" Rounded Square (built in shape on the Imagine) filled with Nursery Tails pattern
3" Snail (not cut on real size)
PTI Melon Berry Ribbon
PTI Mega Mixed Messages Sentiment
PTI Dark Chocolate & Chai Ink

1 comment:

Beau said...

Great! Can't wait to play with mine!